Eden Garage GDPR Privacy Notice
Eden Garage takes its obligations concerning data protection seriously. We are providing this notice, so you have information about how we collect and process your personal data. We ask you to please read this Privacy Notice as it has important information you need to know.
What does our company do?
Eden Garage provide a Vehicle Hire and repair service and 24 hour recovery service across the UK. The main office and data functions are carried out at our head office at Temple Sowerby, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 1RS.
What information do we collect and process?
In order for us to help with your business we may collect from you, necessary personal data. The lawful basis for collecting this data is legitimate consent as it is required to carry out our service. "Personal Data" is information about you which, either on its own or when connected with other data, allows us to identify you as an individual customer to provide you with our services. The personal data we hold may include the following;
- Your full name and contact information (address, town, postcode, email and phone number)
- Your vehicle details (make, model and registration)
- Your credit card details and/or bank account details (if paying by cheque or bank transfer)
- Your purchase details (including time, date and cost, and VAT status)
- Medical history relating to driving ability and insurance
- Your calls or correspondence with us
- Your feedback
Personal data will be collected from you or passed to us by a referral business. However, some personal data may, where lawful to do so, or with your consent, be collected by us from third parties.
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data but not providing certain data could prevent us from serving you.
Why do we need your personal data?
Eden Garage processes personal data about you for a number of purposes, including;
- To prepare documentation for you in order to provide quotes.
- To follow up with you shortly after the service to ensure you are happy with the service provided.
- For internal record keeping (to be able to respond to customer enquiry and invoicing)
- To assess the scope of the repair/recovery or hire.
- To proccess payments by credit/debit card or bank account details.
- To remind or update you of progress or appointment dates.
- To provide our services to you as requested or agreed.
- To help us improve the services we offer.
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. We do not 'trade' in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Eden Garage may share information with third party suppliers as required for external services and materials, however this will only be for the contract we are carrying out at that time.
We may disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law.
In the event that we sell our business, we may share your details with the buyer to enable them to fulfil the service we have agreed with you.
Your personal information will not be transferred to, stored or otherwise processed outside the UK.
Do we get involved in direct marketing?
Eden Garage does not get involved in direct marketing at present.
What rights do you have to amend personal data?
You have the right to review the personal data held by us and have inaccurate information about you corrected. To understand more about our data processing activities or to request access to your personal information please contact Kevin Overs on 01768 361212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your personal data?
Eden Garage may keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary to meet record keeping requirements. We hold booking, job details, invoice and email details for seven years. They are then deleted in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Eden Garage may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law.